Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blog Entry N0. 1

This is probably new to you because I don't normally write this way when I try to post anything here. My usual posts start off in a very enthusiastic way, with different font colors and alternating uppercase-lowercase letters. But this time, it's gonna be different. This time I'm going to write like I'm Jacques or Tal or Ciara who are avid bloggers. This time, I'm going to write a blog entry. (well, this is blogspot.com after all..) I think a blog entry like this would be a first for Illuminate. Or at least the very first for me in Illuminate. Oh well, I'm already running out of good words for the intro (so soon?) so I'm going to start with my entry na. (konyotic.. haha)

One typical night, I got tired of forcing myself to fall asleep so I turned myself instead into listening the early morning radio show of Magic 89.9. It's a pretty cool radio station by the way and it's the mother station of Killer Bee 89.1 in Davao. I've been listening to it actually since August and since then, it's starting to become an evening habit to listen to their 9pm-12mn show. I suggest you try listening to it yourself whenever you get the chance. I swear its going to give you a good laugh before you go to sleep! I even sent a shoutout to Illumina once through their textline! Okay, I already went off track there for promoting Magic 89.9!

Anyways, going back to the entry, that typical night using the radio feature of my phone, i put the earpieces of my headset to each ear and decided to listen myself off to sleep. Instead of slow songs that made you doze off, they were playing the ones that tried to wake you up more! While the radio was being helpful on my quest to getting a good night's sleep, what else could I do but to listen to it na lang. (konyotic again! haha) I liked the songs being played. The people who were requesting seemed to know my taste in music. But while I was listening through the night, there's this one song that had put me in deep thought. Coming across this song seemed to bring back old memories.

Four years you think for sure, That's all you've got to endure. It made me remember that time when we ran across that patch of green grass afraid of getting caught. Then when you graduste, Ya take a look around and you say "Hey wait!". About that time when we laid down the field and stared at the sky sharing stories of what happened in class earlier that day... (mushy) The whole damned world is just as obsessed, With who's the best dressed and who's having sex. About that time when we played patintero until the line reached the canteen... Nothing changes but the faces, the names and the trends, High School never ends! While listening to the song, it's like I was having my own personal Powerpoint presentation playing in my head with the slides being pictures of you and me, of all of us during that amazing 4 years of our lives! I'd like to share this song with you too. And I hope that while you're listening along, you'll have your version of a Powerpoint presentation playing in your mind with your own slides of High School. The title is High School Never Ends! ENJOY!





1 comment:

jkristinejv said...

"Highschool never ends" -bowling for soup! amazing alam ko ang kantang yan haha

About ILLUMINA


ILLUMINA is Philippine Science High School Southern Mindanao Campus' Batch 2006, composed of eighty-six WAHAS, intelligent and talented people. They graduated from PSHS-SMC on March 29, 2006 and are currently pursuing undergraduate studies.